Transfer, Animate & Auto-setup Digital Humans for Unreal
Reallusion announced that the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in (previously $1,490) is now free for developers with an annual revenue of $100K USD or less. Originally created as a premium extension, the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in enables studios and indies to streamline workflows by allowing virtual production and game development professionals the freedom to focus on rapid creativity, collaboration, and iteration.
“We are thrilled to provide emerging creators access to powerful tools for digital human creation and animation by making the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in available for free,” said Charles Chen, Reallusion CEO. “Reallusion is proud to connect our technology to Unreal Engine to deliver an unrivaled real-time solution for indie studios and creators everywhere.”
iClone Unreal Live Link Free for indies video:
Providing a simplified path for content to enter Unreal Engine, the iClone Unreal Live Link plug-in allows for the direct transfer of assets between iClone and Unreal Engine without the need for FBX export. iClone characters, lights, and camera controls can be directly operated to quickly preview and animate scenes in Unreal RTX. Additionally, the Character Auto Setup automatically arranges digital human shaders, Blueprints, and everything necessary for real-time production inside Unreal Engine.
The iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in bridges iClone’s fully-rigged characters, motion files, and vast content libraries, with motion editing and retargeting tools into Unreal Engine for seamless interoperability with skeleton meshes and Marketplace animations.
Pricing and Availability
- The iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in will be available free of charge for developers with annual revenue of less than $100,000 USD.
- The new indie pricing policy for the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in will take effect on January 17th, 2020
- Qualifying users who previously purchased the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in will receive an equivalent reimbursement in DA points for the Reallusion Software Stores, Content Stores, and Marketplace.
- The Indie program for the iClone Unreal Live Link plug-in requires indies to own iClone 7 and 3DXchange 7 Pipeline.
- See preferred pricing options for iClone 7 and 3DXchange 7 Pipeline
- iClone’s digital human pipeline fully supports industry mocap hardware like; Xsens, Perception Neuron, Faceware, iPhone, Rokoko, OptiTrack, Leap Motion, Qualisys, and more.
Unreal Live Link, 4.24 and further updates
Reallusion simultaneously launched the free plugin and updated the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in for UE 4.24, and will continue development to match all future Unreal Engine updates.
The roadmap will include transferring its digital human shader, iClone props, non-human skin-bone characters, and soft cloth physics (based on the same NVIDIA PhysX architecture).
iClone is a real-time 3D animation and rendering software with a production environment that blends character animation, scene design and cinematic storytelling by fast tracking traditional industry pipelines in the spirit of WYSIWYG.
Reallusion Inc. is a 2D and 3D animation software and content developer that specializes in the development of real time cinematic animation, virtual production, and motion capture tools that connect professional 3D animation technologies with pro character animation, facial and body mocap, and voice lip sync solutions for real-time filmmaking and previsualization and production.
About Unreal Engine
Epic Games’ Unreal Engine technology brings high-quality games to PC, console, mobile, AR, and VR platforms. Creators also use Unreal for photorealistic visualization, interactive product design, film, virtual production, mixed reality TV broadcast and animated entertainment. Follow @UnrealEngine and download Unreal for free at unrealengine.com.